Thursday, February 8, 2018

Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by our blog! My name is Sarah Jones and my husband Sam and I have
started this blog because we have a burden for sharing comfort with other people. Though
we are only 25 years old, life has shown us how difficult it can be. As we have gone through
different trials, certain ones have drawn us closer together and closer to God. Our hope is
that as you get to know us and the things that we struggle with, we can be an
encouragement to you.

First things first, Sam and I are Iowans to the core. Sam is from Conrad, IA and I am from
Cedar Falls, IA. Sam recognized God’s call into full time vocational ministry early in his life.
He opted out of going to Bible College and decided to accept a year long internship and my
home church. We were put in the Christmas play together as husband and wife and it stuck.
We got married in June of 2013 and in August of 2013 a small church in Hudson, IA called
Sam to be the pastor. We have been in Hudson for 4 ½ years now and we cannot imagine
being anywhere else. We love the church that God has given us and we love the ministry
that we have been allowed to take part in.

On July 19, 2013, just 6 weeks into our marriage, Sam and I suffered a loss that we never
had thought was possible. I miscarried our first child. There are no words to describe the
shock and the devastation we felt as the doctor confirmed what we had feared. Yet we
knew, whether we showed it or not, that God was in control. We pulled it together and went
on with life. In December of 2013 I miscarried again, and again in August of 2014 and again
in August of 2015. Since then we have struggled with 2 ½ years of infertility.

I tell you this not to garner sympathy or to say how hard our life has been. It is estimated
that 1 in 4 women will experience a miscarriage in their lifetime and that there are 6.1
million women (just women) in the USA alone that struggle to get pregnant and/or stay
pregnant. If you are in this boat, please know that you are not alone. More importantly,
please know that there is hope. Sam and I have been married for almost 5 years and each
year has brought a new heartache that in the moment, seems to much to bear. We have
needed comfort and we have found it.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 says, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the
Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may
be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves
are comforted by God.” As christians, Sam and I believe in the sovereignty of God. We
believe that He is in control of all things, that nothing happens outside of His plan, and that
His timing is perfect. We have found an abundance of comfort in seeking out the character
of God and deepening our individual relationships with Him. Comfort does not make trials
easier, but it does make them bearable. Our goal with this blog is to point others to Christ
by sharing the comfort that we have received from God. We realized that not everyone is
going through the same struggles and that not everyone will need the same comforts at
the same times. We do also realize that we live in a world marred by sin that leaves us with
aches, pains, and deep hurts. No matter what your struggle, we hope to encourage you to
look to Christ and find true contentment and comfort in knowing who He is and that He died
to save you from your sins.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah and sam my heart aches for you both! I didn't have any idea if or were trying for kids yet. That's what I get for not asking anything about it. But just so you know your not a lone in the family having problems. I know it's not the right way to go about it all.(not married) But since I was about 22 years old.i guess you can say been trying for 8 yrs now. That's all I wanted and still do to this day! But for me tho hope is about lost....Its something with my body. And still dont know anything lol. It's been a crazy couple years for me to try to find answers for myself. So would give up so much for one sweet child of mine..keep praying don't give up and mostly don't lose hope. That is the hardest part of it all. I kinda been keeping it sceret for awhile now. If someone ask me I just shrugged my shoulders and say when the good Lord is ready for me to have a child that I will be welcoming a child into my arms and I leave it at that. I have never really told them that my heart breaks for a child. I almost fell like I'm a worthless woman for not being able to conceive but let's see what the future holds for us!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber please know that you are not worthless! We love you very much and have cherished the last few years of getting to know you again! We understand the ups and downs of the pursuit of parenthood and that's why we are wanting to do this. I have often had the thought "if only my body wouldn't have failed my baby". This is flawed thinking! Sam and I have come to understand and accept God's power in every situation and that His plan is always greater than ours.
      Sam and I will be praying for you! Let us know if you ever need to talk!

      Delete
  2. Sarah,

    My heart hurts for you. I know that we've lost contact and communication with each other for the past few years, but I do want you to know that I am praying for you and Sam. There have been so many things in my life that I have looked at and said, "why now? why me?" and couldn't come to terms with why I couldn't have what everyone else seemed to of had. I struggled with that for a long time. I finally learned to just grow closer to God and find contentment with HIM. I know that I don't always get along with Sam, and I know that we both stopped trying with our friendship, but please know that If you need anything to let me know. I will pray for you and Sam to continue to find peace with the one who's timing is absolutely perfect. When the time comes for you and Sam, It will be such a beautiful blessing for you guys. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Even if that means getting coffee and catching up!
    Love, Eb.

    ReplyDelete